Thursday 25 February 2010

Hiccoughs/hiccups

Anyone who has ever had these long-term will know that it is not pleasant. Mine kicked in at 2am and eventually stopped at at 4.30am. Nothing you do will stop them so please don't offer me advice like standing on my head, getting a shock etc...NOTHING except time and patience (and a medical drug called largactil) will work (and of course, I don't have any on hand).

This morning, on the tube back from Tony's, the hiccoughs started again much to the inital amusement of the fellow passengers (they weren't amused 20 minutes later!). Suddenly I heard this voice say: "Hey bru, are you alraaght?" It was a saffa bloke, East London, concerned about me in a packed tube. Felt homesick for the sunshine! It was lovely to chat in between hiccoughs and took my mind off things.

Home to a warm welcome from Morse, the mad parrot. He is currently eating his way through yet another CD box (cardboard) after knocking on the wall trying to get a response from the neighbour (I think I now know what she shouts at him...going to have to wash his mouth out!!!).

The next few days will be challenging but still full of fun and distractions. Moving back home on Saturday to be with my "kids". Although I have loved being posh in Liverpool St, I am looking forward to my loft, piano, 'cello and more regular company.

Hope you're all having a great day.
A bientot
anGoose

No comments:

Post a Comment