Thursday 11 March 2010

The cough

Okay, let me start with a moan then I will get to the good stuff! Last Saturday, I rang UCH to push them into giving me a date for my CT scan. They said the 18th, I said no, my oncology appointment is on the 15th and I want to know if the chemo has been working or not. The receptionist said okay, the only time we can fit you in is 08h30 on Thursday 11th. I accepted. This morning, I woke up at 06h35, caught a peak time train on peak time fare, and got to UCH at 08h15. Surprise, I’m not booked in at all...instead I am told that it is tomorrow at 09h00. I said no, I won’t be in London tomorrow I must have it today. To cut a long story short, I had my scan done at 11h30 and left UCT at 12h20. Anyway, let's all put our collective strength towards positive results on Monday afternoon.

I had intended to be in Witney, Oxfordshire by lunchtime but only got there around 15h00. However, it was nice to sit and chat with my 2 nieces and nephew (3 of the 10 I have) before having my afternoon nap.

Now, I smell a rat...the power of mind over matter. I had to walk through the chemotherapy rooms this morning and within minutes of being there, I felt extremely nauseas, and felt this for the rest of the day. What does that say? I think that by association, I am increasing my levels of nausea. I felt 100% fine the day before, so why the nausea today? It might have been the dye that they inject into you for the scan (I might have mentally connected that to chemotherapy)...or it just might be my good memory of what it feels after a dose of the stuff. Anyway, what I am taking from that is a stronger mindset next week Wednesday. One of my doctor friends suggested that it must be working if I feel so sick after having it! I shall therefore focus on that aspect, and hit this nausea thing where it hurts. That will be my challenge and prayers, thoughts and energy requests for next week.

Which brings me to...yes, the cough which this week, has been slowly reducing. Yesterday, not much at all, today quite good until late this evening. I do find that it gets bad in the evening and late night. But it has been much better, so all our collective energy this week, is working. Thank you all for that.

It has been a nice last few days as I have felt more human and have had some great moments. I attended the launch of a joint leadership programme between BBC and C4 and enjoyed visiting the Channel 4 building for the first time. It was a great moment to network and I am looking forward to working with my 3 clients at C4 starting next week. I will be working for a few hours only, Mondays and Tuesdays. A small start but I have to take this slowly. So, some nice projects coming up.
Before I sign out, I must apologise to people who haven’t yet received replies to texts or emails or facebook messages. I am trying to keep up but somehow still seem behind. I will catch up eventually.

Here’s to a great weekend.
Goose

2 comments:

  1. Keep adding my positive energy to your collection, Angus :)

    The coaching seems to be coming along nicely, We must still try that email coaching someday when you are not too busy!

    Lots of love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Angus,

    If you have any spare and hopefully non-nauseous time can we please use it to rag Kerwin. Such fun and it does him so much good.

    Gail

    ReplyDelete